From Itch.io to Your ZX Spectrum: Sensible Soccer Reimagined in the Sensational Speccy Soccer.
Finally, you can now play Sensible Soccer on your ZX Spectrum thanks to Speccy Soccer which has now been released on itch.io and is quickly becoming a favourite with fans of ZX Spectrum homebrew games.
Choose your beloved team, and effortlessly command your players with intuitive controls. Unleash passes, volleys, and shots on goal with just one button press.
Squeezing a massive amount of game into a small .tap file, Speccy Soccer retains the same charm that made the original game a cultural phenomenon.
Speccy Soccer allows you to experience the full ‘Spectrum’ of soccer (Sorry, not sorry!) with the following features:
- 120 authentic teams
- Fouls and throw-ins
- Corner kicks and intricate passes
- Dazzling dribbles and aggressive tackles
- Aerial prowess with header shots
- Yellow and red cards for heated moments
- Injuries and penalties
- An ever-watchful referee
- Heart-stopping post and crossbar strikes
- Tactical substitutions
- Barrier-laden shots
- Realistic ball physics that defy expectation
- Instant replay for reliving magical moments
- Up to 4 simultaneous players
- Advanced AI with 3 difficulty levels
- 5 distinct field types, each with unique ball physics (normal, wet, dry, muddy, snow)
- 4 vibrant color schemes
- 3 levels of CPU challenge
- KEMPSTON/SINCLAIR joystick compatibility
- Individual player stats (speed, aggression, control, power, sprint, accuracy)
- Comprehensive match facts
- Rapid, adrenaline-fueled gameplay
- Entrancing menu and in-game music
- Immersive ambient and FX sounds
- Curve shots to leave opponents dumbfounded
- And the crowning jewel: the prestigious Speccy Cup!
You can check out Speccy Soccer on itch.io now.